Monday, June 15, 2015

Learning As I Go

     I haven't been very faithful to updating this blog.  The last few years have been rather crazy.  We bought a new house.  I changed grade levels, and I'm now teaching 2nd grade.  Between school and my two daughters, I haven't had much downtime.  I will do my best to be a much more active blogger in the coming months.
     Last year, I took a Balanced Literacy class and implemented the Daily Five in my classroom.  All I can say is, "Wow!"  I was blown away at how much my students (and I) learned during ELA!  I was able to meet with most or all of my students everyday in small groups, an accomplishment that I have never before been able to do.  I felt like I knew them so much better than previous students, both academically and personally.  I plan to continue using Daily Five in ELA in the upcoming year, and I am hoping to use a similar method in Math instruction as well.
     I'm off to explore Pinterest to get ideas for my classroom and hopefully not add any feelings of inadequacy.  (Does anyone else feel that way while browsing Pinterest?)  I would love to make my classroom more . . . what's the word? . . . "Pinteresty" this year.  I'm certain that's not a real word, but you get the idea.  I will be more organized.  I will be more organized.  I will be more organized.
     TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment